Co – Headteachers – Mrs A Reay & Miss L Timbrell
Please take a look at the virtual tour opposite, which will give you an insight into our school and the personal, welcoming and nurturing learning environment we offer. If you would like to talk to us further then please contact the office on 01332 810447 or email@example.com to book a visit. We will be happy to show you around and answer any questions you may have.
Hemington Primary School is a small village school serving, as it has done since 1878, the beautiful Leicestershire villages of Hemington and Lockington. We have an excellent reputation and welcome children from the two villages, Castle Donnington and the surrounding area. As the main amenities for the villages are the Church and Village Hall in Lockington and the Public House and the School in Hemington, the school has a particularly important role within the community. We pride ourselves on the nurturing environment we provide for the children, dedicated staff and governing body and strong parental support.
Children who attend our school, move through three classes during their time with us. On entry to school, children attend Class 1 which is Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. After this the children move to a Year 3 and Year 4 (Class 2), finally they enter a mixed Year 5 and Year 6 class (class 3).
Mixed age classes have the following benefits:
- There are increased opportunities for flexibility in groupings, enabling learners to work with the appropriate ability, regardless of age.
- Children are viewed as unique individuals; a mixed age class lends itself specifically to this approach.
- The teacher focuses on teaching each child according to his or her own strengths – learning is highly personalised.
- Mixed-age classes encourage a spirit of co-operation where learners are more likely to support each other than compete.
- Giving older learners the chance to support younger learners socially builds their confidence and leadership skills. The younger learners also benefit as they see their older peers modelling positive, mature behaviours.
- Older children model more sophisticated approaches to problem solving, and younger children are able to accomplish tasks more effectively because of the modelling by older children. This dynamic also increases the older child’s level of independence, confidence, and competence.
Please click on the links below to find out more and also take a look at our curriculum page to find out how we organise our curriculum to meet the needs of our mixed age classes.
Our school ethos is to create a happy, caring, inclusive environment which enables the development of confident, independent learners who have the opportunity to achieve their potential and have ambitions for their future.
Click below for a virtual tour of our amazing school
Click below to see our learning in Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3.
Positive Covid Test Results
Please report to school if your child tests positive for COVID-19 on 01332 810447 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current guidance states that children should stay at home for three days and adults for five days. Pupils can return to school if they do not have a high temperature (above 37.5 degrees) after day 3.
Hemington Primary School,
Co – Headteachers – Mrs Andrea Reay & Miss Lucy Timbrell
Admin Assistant: Mrs E White
Telephone: 01332 810447